Monday, April 25, 2011

Hiatus

Hi folks-

I have found myself (and the Eskimo) out of town for family related reasons. We are going to be away from home until the middle of June and I will have less-than-regular access to the internet. I'm going to try to post every so often, but don't be shocked by long gaps.


I also realized that while I posted about the Rump-a-Roos as a great overnight solution (these are still working, by the way), I never did post about the other solution we found! I ended up getting a SBish wool cover (it's ok to be jealous) off of Diaper Swappers and it's amazing. It's gorgeous for starters, but the best part is that it works. We put the Eskimo in a Bamboozle with an extra insert, put the SBish cover over it and his pj's are dry in the morning! I tend to alternate between the RaRs and the SBish cover now and have had to do a LOT less changing of sheets. It's wonderful. :)

The advantage to the RaRs is the super-soft fleecy lining wicks the moisture away from baby's bum. The fleece feels dry to the touch in the mornings, even though I could literally wring out the inserts. This would be a great thing to try if you had a baby who was prone to rashes. The disadvantage is the bulk. While RaRs fit great with only one insert in them (for daytime use), by the time I stuff three inserts in there for overnight, the Eskimo's butt is HUGE. I don't know that there's a good solution to avoid this problem.

The nice thing about the SBish cover is that you only have to wash it once a month. :) I mean, you can't beat that. And you can stuff almost anything you want under that thing to contain the moisture. So, if your baby has tough skin like mine, this might be a great solution for you. You'll probably need two covers so you have a backup for those days when your little one gets poop on the cover and manages to puke all over it. I promise this will happen at some point. Because they do need to be line dried, try to wash it in the morning so it has all day to dry before you need to put it on your baby for night time. I find that even with running it on a spin cycle in the washing machine to remove moisture, it can still take a good 24 hours for the cover to dry. What can I say, good things are worth waiting for, right?

Hope this info is helpful to some mamas. And if anyone else finds great overnight solutions, let me know! I love an excuse to spend some money on new fluff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment